Sugarledge Stone Quarry was founded in 1983 by Rick and Sharyn Lafontaine. It is currently owned and operated by Jonathan and Carrie Cranston. The land parcel has been in Carrie's family for five generations.
Although Sugarledge has only been in business for 38 years, Carrie's family sold stone from the property as early as the 1930's. It is a small family business, employing 9 people and operating seasonally, April through November.